WHY IS ONLINE MARKETING IMPORTANT?
Online marketing can be defined as a set of powerful tools and techniques used for promoting products and services through the Internet. It is also known as Internet marketing, web marketing, digital marketing and search engine marketing (SEM).
The beauty of online marketing is that it connects companies with potential customers and takes business development to a much higher level than traditional marketing/advertising such as billboard advertising or leafleting. With online marketing, business owners have the freedom to advertise and promote their products/services and receive immediate response. Business owners can reap the rewards of this method is a short passage of time as it is cost effective and relatively easy to start.
Further on in the article, we will discuss the types of online marketing methods and the advantages and benefits of online marketing. However, just to give you a heads up, the key to a successful online marketing strategy begins by selecting an advertising medium that works for you and your businesses objectives. The end result is that your site will ultimately receive more traffic and thus increase sales.
Whatever online marketing strategy you choose to adopt, it will no doubt increase your site’s visibility so that you get more qualified visitors. Below is a list of online marketing platforms that business owners use. This is not an exhaustive list by any means but the following types of online marketing strategies are trackable and enable advertisers to ultimately increase their return on their investment (ROI).
Types Of Online Marketing Strategies
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay per Click (PPC)
- Social Media Advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
- Email or Newsletter Marketing
- Online classified advertising
As a business owner, you should choose a method of online marketing that has the lowest possible cost and risk. It’s imperative that you implement a marketing strategy that will maximise sales potential thus increase profit but at the same time not leave a massive hole in your pocket. If one strategy doesn’t work, don’t give up – try another. Alternatively, you can utilise a combination of strategies as long as you can fund it adequately without being out of pocket. So what are the advantages and benefits of online marketing?
Advantages And Benefits Of Online Marketing
Online marketing has several advantages, including:
- Low Costs: Online marketing is cost effective because in comparison to other traditional mediums, audiences are reachable at a fraction of traditional advertising budgets, allowing businesses to create eye catching adverts. Marketing strategies can be created, delivered and executed to a wide range of customers with a small budget and in a short period of time.
- Flexibility And Convenience: For the consumers, online marketing allows them to research and purchase products and services at their leisure. For business owners online marketing provides a greater flexibility level whereby campaigns can be altered to test new markets, evaluate new programmes and make changes more specific to a targeted market.
- Analytics: The good thing about online marketing is that effective statistical data/results can be obtained without incurring any extra costs. Tracking and measuring can be done almost easily since online marketing encourages interaction by clicking on the ad and visiting the website, as well as other target actions.
- Pay Per Click Advertising:Advertising tools such as pay-per-click advertising can be used to generate immediate traffic, leads and sales to a website. It is one of the most popular methods of online marketing by which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. It's an effective way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to “earn” those visits organically.
- Demographic Targeting:Consumers can be demographically targeted much more effectively in an online rather than an offline process. Also, online marketing campaigns can be implemented much faster than traditional forms of advertising, reaching a targeted audience within a matter of days and in some cases, hours.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO):Companies who specialise in helping companies’ best market their products and services online can successfully place them on the top or first page of major search engines and directories, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo.
There is no doubt that online marketing is a powerful and efficient form of advertising. It is particularly useful because it targets the correct audience quickly and efficiently without you having to break the bank funding it. It can be used to promote your business, get new leads and drive traffic to your website thus maximizing your businesses earning potential.
Remember, whatever method of online marketing you decide to use for your business, you will discover that the money you invested on the campaign is in fact worthwhile in terms of the success of your business. Spend wisely and good luck!